Leveraging Social Media & Events to Engage Millennials
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM ET
Join us for a dynamic workshop offering clear strategies, tactics, and resources to increase fundraising event success and connect you with the next generation of donors. If you are planning an upcoming fundraiser and looking to expand your donor base to a younger audience, this program is not to be missed.
Our seasoned speaker will share straight talk and helpful tools for posting and promoting your upcoming event, leveraging Facebook and Twitter, and taking advantage of free scheduling, analysis, and optimization tools to help you work smarter, not harder.
Nonprofit Executive Directors, Directors of Development and other fundraising staff, and event staff can join us and learn:
- How to build a social media strategy that appeals to younger audiences
- The best times of day to post your event social media messages and send emails
- Ways to incentivize early sales through campaigns and promotions
- How to increase event turnout and donations by making it easy for ticket purchasers to spread the word via shares and tweets, and for those unable to attend to donate
- Secrets from top-performing fundraisers to get trending on social media before, during and after the event
- Darian Rodriguez Heyman
Darian Rodriguez Heyman is an accomplished fundraiser, social entrepreneur, and best-selling author. His work “helping people help” started during his five-year tenure as Executive Director of Craigslist Foundation, after which he authored the best-selling Nonprofit Fundraising 101, edited the best-selling Nonprofit Management 101, and co-founded the world’s only conference series dedicated to social media for social good, Social Media for Nonprofits. Most recently, he launched the Nonprofit Fundraising Masters conference series to share the secrets to success, most valuable tips and tools, and sources of inspiration of the world’s most successful fundraisers with nonprofit professionals, and he assumed the Executive Director role at Numi Foundation, where he oversees their clean water and curriculum development programs. Heyman is an in-demand fundraising consultant and board retreat facilitator, and a frequent keynote speaker at social impact events around the globe.